Thursday, June 18, 2015

Wellness - Celebrating Father's Day



Have you been searching for that just right gift for your husband for Fathers Day? Found the right gift but can't find the perfect card? Haven't figured out what you plan to do for Father's Day but it's on your list of to dos? Or, you haven't even thought that close ahead yet?! Don't fret! I too have been stumbled before for Father's Day and you would think we wouldn't be since this day is all about the men we love and fathers of our children! However, with life, it happens! 





Here's a solution, write a letter! Not an email, text, or typed letter and printed. I mean a handwritten letter. Find a sheet of lined paper from your kids' notebook or use printer paper. Go a step further and find a nice blank card and write your letter inside. Men are different from women. He would love the fact that you took the time to write a special note of acknowledgement on your love for him and how much of a great father he is. This is a mental and spiritual exercise for you as a mother and wife to stop for a moment and put his side into perspective. 



Think about finishing these statements in your letter: 
Dear _______,
Thank you for being such a wonderful father to our child(ren). Our child(ren) ______________.  I have seen you ___________. They have seen you _______________. You are____________. You are and will continue to be _____________. I love that you are teaching them to _____________. 

You live and breathe this family. Everything you do, every decision you make and your hard work day after day is for us and our future. I respect that you _____________. I love that you ___________. My love for you as my husband is unconditional. 

I remember when_________. You made us feel________________. I love the way you____________.  I love the times that you__________.

Thank you for your kindness and affection. Our child(ren) see that you _________. They are watching how you__________. Thank you for your patience, your never-ending support and most importantly your love. I am blessed to have you as my husband because __________.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

*These statements can be reworded to suit a child's father if single or divorced. This letter can also be formatted for a child to a father. 



This post is courtesy of Mocha Tiffany K.

No comments:

Post a Comment