Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wellness - An Autumn Walk


So far, this autumn weather has been extremely beautiful. Yesterday I was off work and Erin had a half day. She's been dying to walk to school but if I can take her, I take her, plus I feel she's still too young. So yesterday I asked her, do you want me to walk you to school?? She got so excited and said YES!!

 I walked with her to school. We walked and we talked and I watched her go into school and then I walked back....alone.  I thought, okay, I'm not in a rush, let me slow down, let me breathe in the fresh air, let me take in the beautiful sight of the autumn leaves around me. Let me feel the ground beneath my feet, stand up straight and swing my arms. Let me just walk! That, for me, was my meditation and my peace. 




Maybe early in the morning, walking your child to and from school if nearby, in the afternoon or in the evening, at the park, or parking far in a parking lot, please take advantage of these beautiful days and go on your own autumn walk. (Especially before it gets too cold!)

No comments:

Post a Comment