Friday, February 6, 2015

FAB Friday: Pamper Yourself!




Good Morning, Mochas!


It is Fabulous Friday!  The weekend is upon us and it is glorious!  Soon it will be Valentine's Day and, if we haven't already,  we will all be scrambling to find the perfect card/candy/gift for those special someones in our lives. But what about that special someone in the mirror?  How do you show her some love this Valentine's Day?

This is a question I myself am tussling with right now; what should I get myself for Valentine's Day?  Should I even get myself something?  Well why not! There's nothing wrong with a little self congratulation, I say. I'm giving myself a Valentine's Day treat and I suggest you do too.  Below are a few ideas I have for you to say "Girl I love you!" To yourself:


Wake Up Your Face:  You might be pleasantly surprised at how refreshed you can look AND feel after a good session with a great eyebrow stylist. Cheaper than a facial or massage, clean brows take years off the face, and letting a professional handle the dirty work will leave you feeling like a pampered celeb (and all for $30 or less!). Here are a few places in Bergen county that come highly recommended (disclaimer:  I haven't tried any of these yet, but I do have "treat myself right" appointments scheduled):

Jon Santos at Blush Salon in Englewood
Jon Santos, Blush Salon
3 Grand Avenue, Englewood
201-568-2221
$30 per session, Wednesday-S

Tracy Andreasen at Studio M in Westwood
Tracy Andreasen, Studio M (trained in the Anastasia Method)
90 Center Ave, Westwood
201-664-6700
$25 per session, Thursdays and Saturdays

Nasrin at Panico Salon and Spa in Ridgewood (threading expert)
Nasrin,  Panico Salon and Spa
144 E. Ridgewood Avenue, Ridgewood
201-652-4515
$30 per session, Monday-Saturday(not Tuesday)



Go On A Date... With You:  if you are anything like me, you've probably gotten so caught up in the grind of life that more than likely it's been a long time since you've done anything for yourself, by yourself; even "me time" is spent with others. This week, I encourage you to take yourself some place special. Have a crepe and a cup of coffee at the adorable Sogno Coffee House & Creperie in Westwood (http://www.caffeanello.com). Disappear in The Well Read Bookstore in Hawthorne (http://www.thewellreadbookstore.com/about-us) where you can peruse new and used books, use the free Wi-Fi and relax with a cup of complimentary tea or coffee offered to its guests. Or you can just fall off the grid completely and spend a couple of hours in glorious solitude. Heck, if you're feeling crazy, you can even turn off your phone. You might be surprised at what good company you find yourself to be. 


Whatever you choose to do between this weekend and the next, I just lovingly encourage you to include yourself in those plans. Like the lyrics of one of my favorites songs "Encourage Yourself" say, "sometimes you gotta pat your OWN self on the back!"  So I say to you, this Valentine's Day show some love to yourself! You deserve it!  And something tells me you will be glad you did. 

Stay Fabulous, Mochas!
MML, 
Otise

This post is courtesy of Mocha Otise.

No comments:

Post a Comment