Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wellness Wednesday - Rise and Shine, It's Cardio Time!




Ok ladies! It's time to get busy! Even though it's winter, we can always make time for a little cardio! I must admit that I have a love/hate relationship with cardio! I hate the burn, shortness of breath, and the sweat pouring down my face! But I love the energy it gives me and how it leaves me feeling accomplished!

Try to do some cardio at least 3-4 days a week. Cardio is anything that will get your heart rate up!  Cardio can help us live better, have happier lives, and is very important to our health! 

Here's why:

  • It's one way to burn calories and help you lose weight all over your body
  • It makes your heart strong so that it doesn't have to work as hard to pump blood
  • It increases your lung capacity
  • It helps reduce risk of heart attack, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes
  • It makes you feel good :-)
  • It helps you sleep better
  • It helps reduce stress
A few ways to incorporate cardio into our life:

At the Gym: Zumba, Cycling, Swimming, Treadmill, Elliptical, Kick Boxing, Aerobics or Boot Camp. Take a class, go with a friend or ride solo. But do at least 30 minutes of one of these and you will feel like a new person! I love 24 hour fitness, its worth every penny! They have a kids club and lots of classes. I go to cycling class on Sundays, and do cardio and weights on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. If anyone wants to join me one evening let me know ;-)

At Home: Jogging in Place, Jumping Jacks, Jump Rope, Jump Squats, Burpees, High Knee Lifts, and Butt Kicks. Trust me, do 2 sets of each for 30 seconds in your living room and you will break a sweat!!

Outdoors: Running, Walking, Power Walking (there is a difference!) Biking, Skating, or Skiing (Weather permitting). Running, to me, is the best form of cardio because it not only moves every single part of your body, but it tones everything as well. Start first walking, then graduate to running. Once the weather is nicer, the air gets fresher and outdoor workouts become the best! 

Choose what works best for you and your lifestyle. Put in your Cardio time!!!


This post is courtesy of Mocha Tiffany.

No comments:

Post a Comment